Coleman Arinos 8 Person Tent Review
The Coleman Arinos 8 Person Tent is extremely versatile and popular with many camping enthusiasts. When I saw some of it’s product features I could see why: 2 separate bedrooms and also a separate living area, 3 exits, 4 air vents, 2 PVC window panels and loads of head room.
UPDATE: Jan. 2012
I am unable to find anywhere apart from ebay that you can buy this tent now. It seems to no longer be in production (if anyone knows where to get it please add a comment below). I have looked for alternative Coleman 8 man tents with separate rooms and have come up with some that have great reviews.
UK – Coleman Coastline Deluxe – sleeps 8 and can be divided into 4 separate sleeping areas click here.
USA – Coleman Red Canyon – sleeps 8 and can be divided into 3 sleeping areas click here.
As with all Coleman Tents you know you are getting a quality tent. Taped seams, tension adjusters, easy clips and a ring and pin system come as standard and to make setting up the tent easier the tent poles are coloured coded. A lot of tent manufacturers are doing this now. However, it is best to set up the tent before going camping so that you know exactly what to do. For example, with this tent the inners go up first. Once setup a few times it is possible to do it single handedly if need be.
Most tents these days come in material that is fire retardant and this tent is no exception. The material is extremely durable and I have seen one report that a camper has even used it in frost – not sure why anyone would be camping in frosty weather though!
The ground sheet is separate in the living area so can be replaced when required. I actually prefer this but I know other campers who would rather have an integrated ground sheet. In the bedrooms though it is attached which is good as this helps to keep out the bugs.
From the many reviews I have read it is obvious that people particularly like the tents versatility. There are 2 bedroom inners and they can both be removed if not required to create an even larger living area. If you only need one bedroom then this can also be achieved by removing the second one. Alternatively you could use the second bedroom for storage. So it’s good for small and big camping parties.
It seems there is just one complaint with the Coleman Arinos 8 Person Tent. If there is a lot of rain you can get wet from rain water running off the tent as you go in and out through the door. However, campers have solved this problem by getting a Coleman Awning over the door (or being careful when you open the exit!). Having the awning is great because it enables you to keep wet coats, wellies and anything else outside the tent but still in the dry. Considering the number of benfits this tent has I don’t feel this is a reason not to purchase one.
This big tent is ideal for families where the parents want their own sleeping area! (my kind of tent!) For this situation the tent would then be suitable for up to 4 children. If you don’t mind sleeping together then the tent can sleep up to 8 people – 4 in each bedroom. Also this tent is appealing for those campers who hate bending down and want to be able to stand up while dressing! There is loads of head room.
Filed under: 8 Person Tents« « Which Tent to Buy | Columbia Cougar Flats II Cabin Dome Review » »
More on Tent Reviews
- Coleman Red Canyon Tent Review - The Coleman Red Canyon Tent is another very popular one with a surprising low price tag. First of all it is a 3 season tent and suitable for up to 8 people to sleep in. The area of the floor space mea....
- Columbia Cougar Flats II Cabin Dome Review - The Columbia Cougar Flats II Cabin Dome Tent has the following features: 2 very spacious rooms with sleeping up to 8 persons 2 windows and 2 doors Ventilation and air circulation system Special rain p....
- Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex Tent Review - There are two Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 3 season tents. One sleeping 6 called the 4+2 and the other sleeping 8 called the 6+2. The best thing about them is that they have 2 separate rooms - they cal....
- Eureka Copper Canyon 1312 Huge 8 Man Tent - The Eureka Copper Canyon 1312 is a huge tent for up to 8 people. It is really a luxury tent. Eureka is a very good brand name and produce quality tents so you would expect this one to be a top of the ....
- Eureka Titan Tent: Luxury Family Camping - Most people agree that the Eureka Titan Tent is a luxury family tent ideal for those who want to upgrade their camping experience and have an eye for detail. It is classed as a 3 season tent and so is....