Coleman Instant Tents
There are 4 different sizes of Coleman Instant Tent available on Amazon at the moment and all of them have loads of reviews and an average rating of 4 or more stars! Therefore I wanted to find out more about them.
You can get a Coleman instant tent as a 4, 6 or 8 man size with the 8 person tents being slightly different sizes but with 2 separate rooms – the larger one of these is the most popular one with over 230 reviews and 4.5 star rating! Wow thats a lot! I have put a comparison table below for you to see the differences more easily but here is a photo of the 8 man tent.
Basically the design of all these tents are the same. I have looked at the reviews and here are the most popular comments about these tents.
- Really quick to set up and take down
- Lots of head space
- Does not leak
- No need for a separate rain fly
- Nice big windows
- Excellent ventilation
- Great price
- Heavy duty tent material
- Stable in windy weather
Comparison of Coleman Instant Tents
What Does Instant Mean?
OK so if you are like me you want to know what it actually means by being an instant tent. Certainly customers confirm that the set up is really quick and in particular taking the tent down is quick. Not only is it quick but it is also possible with just 1 person which is unusual for family tents.
Well this is how it works. The complete pole system is already attached to the tent so when you get the tent out of the bag you just need to unfold it. Once the tent is spread out – and this is probably the longest part of setting it up – you extend the poles and click them together! There is a lock for each so that they stay in place. Thats it! Your tent is ready! Here is a video that shows just how quick it is.
The only draw back I’ve seen mentioned is that it doesn’t pack away very small but it wouldn’t seeing as the pole system is part of it. That certainly wouldn’t bother me!
Filed under: Family Tents« « Top 3 Eureka Canvas Tents | Why has the Kodaik Canvas Flex-Bow got 5 stars? » »
More on Tent Reviews
- Coleman Arinos 8 Person Tent Review - The Coleman Arinos 8 Person Tent is extremely versatile and popular with many camping enthusiasts. When I saw some of it's product features I could see why: 2 separate bedrooms and also a separate liv....
- Coleman Red Canyon Tent Review - The Coleman Red Canyon Tent is another very popular one with a surprising low price tag. First of all it is a 3 season tent and suitable for up to 8 people to sleep in. The area of the floor space mea....
- Is the Coleman Mackenzie Cabin X6 tent suitable for tall campers? - Recently a friend of mine said they were thinking of buying the Coleman Mackenzie Cabin tent for 6 people. They need a family tent that will accommodate tall people comfortably. They are not giants - ....
- Columbia Cougar Flats II Cabin Dome Review - The Columbia Cougar Flats II Cabin Dome Tent has the following features: 2 very spacious rooms with sleeping up to 8 persons 2 windows and 2 doors Ventilation and air circulation system Special rain p....
- Sierra Designs Meteor Light 6 Man Tent Review - The Sierra Designs Meteor Light Tent is a 3 season tent suitable for up to 6 people. What is special about this tent is the optic white canopy. It means that when you are inside the tent it is lovely ....